The deadlines of U10 initiative & collabrate UP are extended to 5th June 2022
IEEE UP Section Student Activity Committee
How to form Student Branch
The first step in forming an IEEE Student Branch is to complete the online Petition Form. You will need to have faculty and department support as well as signatures of at least twelve (12) active IEEE Student and/or Graduate Student Members.
An IEEE Student Branch gives students a community of peers, and a connection to faculty and industry professionals who drive innovation in countless technical fields. Student involvement in Branch activities, whether special projects, social and technical meetings, outreach programs, conferences, local Section or Regional opportunities, etc. can help develop a record of accomplishment and capabilities beyond the norm.
IEEE UP Section Student Activity Committee (SAC) is dedicated to giving the best membership experience to its members. It invites energetic IEEE student members to become IEEE UP Section SAC Ambassadors for the year 2022.
It brings an opportunity for you to explore the opportunities of IEEE, as well as create awareness among fellow members.
Every Ambassador will receive a certificate.
IEEE UP Section invites proposals for collaborative activities
- The IEEE student branches of the UP Section are divided into three groups for Collaborate UP. Group A Group B Group C
- To know your group visit the following link: http://www.ieeeup.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/IEEEUPSBGroupList.pdf
- The call for collaborative activity proposals is invited for the following categories: 1. Category 1 – Collaboration between Group A and Group B
2. Category 2 – Collaboration between Group A (or B) and Group C
- Both collaborating units will require to submit a joint proposal through the google form https://forms.gle/bMhPz2i83Df76ceC7
- An email should be sent at email@example.com; showing the approval (or consent) of the counsellors of both student branches. Both counsellors should be in cc.
- The section will provide Rs. 5000/- or 50% of the total expenditure, whichever is lesser, on the reimbursement basis. Both units would share the remaining expenditure equally.
- Submission deadline: 30th May
- The event should be organised between 1st July to 15th September 2022.
- Post-event reporting to the section (at https://forms.gle/AdwdAcdqbgN9M28q6) should include:
-Proof of vtool reporting
-Bill summary (in given template at shorturl.at/cikC8)
-A copy of the bills
-Write-up for section newsletter
-Photos of the events
30th September 20225 June 2022(Extended)
In case of any query contact Mr Abdullah (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Mr Nayaneesh (email@example.com).
Result: List of selected projects
U10 Initiative 2022 of IEEE UP Section as launched with the motive to activate the most potential and yet dormant IEEE members and units towards greater participation.
IEEE membership brings many benefits and opportunities. Being office-bearers of the IEEE student units, it becomes our responsibility to propagate the same to fellow student members. We must utilize the platform at our disposal for the benefit of ourselves as well as the entire student community.
30th May 2022 25 July 2022(Extended)
The IEEE Uttar Pradesh Section is pleased to inform you that the section will provide partial support to the student branches for celebrating IEEE Day. This year’s IEEE Day is on October 4th, 2022, and the section has decided to celebrate it from October 1st to 9th (full week). You are all encouraged to participate in and organize IEEE Day events during this period. Nominations for the same are invited. The event poster is attached here with.
The amount of funding will be as follows:
(1) Branches having more than 100 student members: Rs. 12000/-
(2) Branches having 50 to 99 student members: Rs. 10000/-
(3) Branches having 30 to 49 student members: Rs. 7000/-
(4) Branches having 20 to 29 student members: Rs. 5000/-
(5) Branches having less than 20 student members: To be decided later by Section Chairman in special cases only.
(1) Student Branches should submit the event proposal before August 30th at https://forms.gle/PHE2LNQtQepvPzuZ8
(2) All participating branches must include the following activities in their IEEE Day schedule:
>> One membership promotion activity (email campaign with attachment to all the faculty and students).
>> One social activity (networking discussion on any topic of general interest and tea).
>> One technical activity (talk/seminar/debate/discussion).
(3) The mentioned amount is the upper limit for support. Actual support would be on a reimbursement basis. Branches will need to submit proof of their expenditure.
(4) The reimbursement of the above financial support is subject to the submission of a report of the activities, with photographs, videos, newsletter content, etc. :
-To vTools: https://events.vtools.ieee.org/tego_/event/create
-To section: https://forms.gle/FSVYVd1W5srFxJwt6
IEEE UP Section is dedicated to enhancing the membership experience of its
members. With the same motive, the Section brings a new initiative “Graduate Talk Series” for its members.
We have five national and many other reputed technical institutions in its geographical boundary. The “Graduate Talk Series” presents a unique opportunity to the Ph.D. student of the Section to share their knowledge and idea with the engineering community of the section.
To the audience, it offers a glimpse of the ongoing research in different
domains. Further, it also presents networking opportunities for research
scholars and will strengthen the research community.
1. Opportunity to share their knowledge and idea.
2. Networking with section’s research fraternity.
3. Fine-tune your presentation skills.
4. Appreciation Certificate from Section.
1. Get a glimpse of the ongoing research in different areas.
2. More insight from the research field for your career plan.
3. Participation Certificates.
To be a Speakers:
1.He/She must be pursuing a Ph.D. or have submitted within the last 3 years
(i.e. Since January 2019). 2.He/She must be an IEEE member
3.Institute from where Ph.D. is being pursued or has been submitted must
be in UP Section (i.e. Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand)
The domain of talks: Technical talk on any topic of IEEE domain.
Speaker Registration :
Fill the speaker registration form. The Section SAC volunteer will contact you
to finalize the schedule.
This is a call for registration in the internship program of the IEEE UP section under the Industry Connect program.
Those students who want to apply for the internship may fill out the form whose link is given below: https://forms.gle/vSmSugY6bBMzePK47
Please read the full information and also the PDF attachment with this notice before filling out the registration form for the internship. The list of the companies and the experts are available in the PDF attachment “List of Mentors“. The PDF also contains the link to the details of each of the experts/companies. Click on the link to know more. Apart from that, the PDF contains information such as whether the internship will be held online/onsite mode, the domain of the Internship, and the topics that will be covered in the internship. If the company has special eligibility requirements, those are also mentioned in the PDF.
Guidelines for the internship program
1. One person can fill out only one form & can give only two preferences.
2. In the case of multiple forms, only the last one would be considered.
3. Filling the Google form does not guarantee the internship.
4. The mentors may conduct another round of screening.
The last date for filling the form is 20 June 2022
About the IndustryConnect Program
The IndustryConnect program is a flagship program of the IEEE Uttar Pradesh section launched in 2021. The primary motive of the program is to bridge the industry-academia gap, provide industry exposure to students and prepare them for their future careers, and to act as a platform where the industry and academic institutions can come together for collaboration in skill development and knowledge and expertise sharing.
In 2021, the Internship program was a great success with certain students getting a call from companies. Inspired by the success, the Industry Connect Cell of the IEEE UP Section is launching its internship program for 2022.