The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Incorporated (IEEE) is a non-profit corporation, incorporated in the state of New York on 16 March 1896.
The purpose of the IEEE is to engage exclusively in scientific and educational activities within the meaning of Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended, directed toward the advancement of the theory and practice of electrical, electronics, communications and computer engineering, as well as computer science, the allied branches of engineering and the related arts and sciences, which benefit the engineering profession and the public.
As authorized by the IEEE Board of Directors, the IEEE Member and Geographic Activities Board (known as IEEE Regional Activities Board prior to 1 January 2008) approved the establishment and boundaries of the IEEE Uttar Pradesh Section on 11 May 1992. The Uttar Pradesh Section conducts activities which assist the local IEEE members to enhance their professional careers and their communities.
2019 Outstanding Section Membership Recruitment Performance.
The Uttar Pradesh Section is located in Region 10, and is represented at the India Council. The Section was formed on 11 May 1992.
Prior to that, Uttar Pradesh had been a sub-section under the Delhi Section since 28 December 1970, and those section officers listed prior to 1992 were for the sub-section.
In order to fulfill IEEE’s mission of advancing the theory and practice of electrical, electronics, communications and computer engineering, as well as computer science and related areas, Region 10 activities are directed to developing and maintaining regional entities for the best interests and benefits of the IEEE members in the region
The links are as follows IEEE UP Section
1. Website- http://www.ieeeup.org
2. Subscribe email list server- https://listserv.ieee.org/cgi-bin/wa?A0=UTTARPRADESH
(Go to Options—> Subscribe or Unsubscribe —> Fill the details.) (Strongly Recommended)
3. LinkedIn page- https://www.linkedin.com/company/ieee-up
4. Facebook page- https://www.facebook.com/IEEEUP92
5. Submit content for Newsletter at – firstname.lastname@example.org (As soon as the event is over, you should submit the content.
6. Download Newsletter- http://www.ieeeup.org/?page_id=452 (Newsletter is being published quarterly)
Please note- join only Telegram or Whatsapp (not both). They both contain the same information.
1. Telegram group – https://t.me/joinchat/Pd46rBXD78411otqrmm7wQ
2. WhatsApp group – https://chat.whatsapp.com/0bwVZpqT3G4KHMJr6Rykts
3. Facebook group – https://www.facebook.com/groups/1275855662427254/
4. Student Branch Reporting- https://sbr.vtools.ieee.org/
5. Event reporting (on vTool)- https://events.vtools.ieee.org/
6. IEEE OU Analytics – https://mga.ieee.org/resources-operations/volunteer-tools/samieee Accessible to certain office-bearers (chair, counsellor etc.) only. This portal provides you with relevant information regarding IEEE units, such as membership strength, renewal status, office bearers of other units etc.
Chairs of IEEE UP Section
|Prof. Sanyam V Juneja||1976-79|
|Prof. Gopal K Dubey||1992|
|Prof. Suresh C Srivastava||1994|
|Prof. Shyama P Das||2006-07|
|Prof. Yatindra Nath Singh||2009-10|
|Prof. Yatindra Nath Singh||2010-11|
|Prof. Ajai Jain||2011-12|
|Prof. Ajai Jain||2012-13|
|Prof. S. N. Singh||2013-14|
|Prof. S. N. Singh||2014-15|
|Prof. A. Biswas||2015-16|
|Prof. J. Ramkumar||2016-17|
|Prof. J. Ramkumar||2017-18|
|Prof. Kumar Vaibhav Srivastava||2018-19|
|Prof. Asheesh Kumar||2019-20|
|Prof. Asheesh Kumar||2020-21|
|Prof. Satish K. Singh||2021-22|